Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The most amazing cookie you will ever eat and my birthday present...

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
They are as good, even better, than the picture...
I made these today for some drive-by visiting teaching visits (read: I wanted to make cookies but needed an excuse to not eat them all). These are unbelievable, especially  if you are a peanut-butter and chocolate lover as I am. Having said that, you will understand my next announcement.

Tomorrow I begin a birthday present to myself. I am giving up sugar from July 1st until my birthday, August 23rd. Besides giving birth to 5 children, this will be the hardest, most courageous thing I have ever done.
Really.This might actually be harder.
By sundown tomorrow I will be cursing myself -addiction is a powerful thing...
I fully anticipate withdrawal-the timing might be bad- I leave for vacation on Friday...come back for Girls Camp, and head out for another vacation after that.
but, a deal is a deal...
Hey, why don't you join me? Just to prove you can.
And then, on August 23, I will share with you some of my sister's famous 10 pound carrot cake...with beautiful cream cheese frosting.
Oh dear, I'm feeling weak already.