Thursday, November 8, 2012

Moving On.


Yesterday, I just didn't want to talk about it.
I skipped the concession speech, as well as the acceptance speech.
I didn't want to hear anyone analyze, dissect, or excuse it.
I just wanted to mourn.
It's painful.
I am grieving the loss of a dream.
I really believed it would happen.
I wasn't alone.
It was an interesting process though, losing this dream.
I went to the temple right after I voted.
I felt a beautiful reassurance that the Great Creator was in charge.
I had a sense of peace, and yet a little discomfort at the same time.
It felt kind of foreboding.
I now know why.

But it is what it is.
I will pray mightily for President Obama and his administration.
I will hope for the best and  prepare for the worst.
And I mean prepare.
And just like the Jaredite barges in the tempestuous deep,
I know that no matter the tumult, there will always be light,
and the wind will never cease to blow towards the promised land.

Thank you Mitt Romney for giving me the most honorable choice I have ever had in an election.

And seriously. 
Put on your Christmas music.
It's like salve on an open wound.