Thursday, June 10, 2010

Somethings are inevitable.



Something new and exciting is happening when I run.

I guess as I got older, I knew I would experience a new phenomenon here and there, but this has caught me off guard, literally. Those of you who know me well, won't be shocked by what is occurring, you will just be surprised by how often it is occurring. In the past 2 weeks, I have fallen 4 times! FOUR! My big, heavy, sleepy size 11 feet just aren't lifting off the ground like they used to, and any unexpected crack in the sidewalk or bump in the road sends me sprawling (Knock it off Alicia-I know what you are doing). Anyhow, you will be relieved to know that the first 3 times no one had to witness this ridiculousness, but yesterday...I was unfortunate enough to have an audience.
It may be a sign that my running career is coming to an end-I may need to find a less dangerous sport... but, after 25 years, it's hard to let it go.

If you have any helpful hints on how to correct this annoying problem feel free to let me know.
No snarky comments please (Alicia). :)