Sunday, June 14, 2009

An interesting phenomenon as of late...


I have been doing lots of patriotic reading lately. I have noticed something quite humbling as I read about John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and Ben Franklin. The same spirit that whispers to me as I read my scriptures, whispers quite adamantly that these men were called by God, to establish this country on fundamental principles of freedom inspired by God, Himself. I find myself weeping as I read the Declaration of Independence and the preamble to the Constitution. I am understanding what a really short timeline it has been for so much to have been accomplished since the founding of this country. I have taken too much for granted for too long. Where are men of integrity and principle? They lead our church thank heavens, but what about our country? Oh what I would give for another George Washington.