Friday, March 12, 2010

Elder Woolf comes to Visit

And it might be a LONG time before he comes back!



Tyler came to visit the other night.
There is something about the Woolf boys and my kids. It's like they have a sign on them that says "Maul Me" . So first an apology for the exuberance shown to Tyler upon his arrival! (And many apologies and thanks to Josh for all he has endured over the years. )
Having said that, Elder Woolf seemed unruffled...2 years of tracting might have prepared him a little for these kinds of situations.
It is a great thing to see someone you love so changed because of the intense pattern of discipleship that comes after two years of missionary service.
I was driving somewhere the next day and remembered an experience...

When I lived with Kathleen for a few months at some point in my college career, Tyler was just a year or so old. One night, he woke up in the middle of the night crying and I got up with him. It was a Sunday night and so we pulled out the Living Scriptures videos. I tried to put on a Book of Mormon story and he cried harder. I showed him all the movies and asked which one he wanted to watch. He chose one with Jesus on the cover. He calmed down immediately and watched until it was over. I then chose another Book of Mormon video and put it in the VCR. No,no, he began to cry again. He again pointed to a movie with Jesus on the cover. We watched it and he was happy. This pattern continued until he finally fell asleep. I remember telling Kathleen the next morning and we were both so amazed that he undeniably had a love for the Savior at his young age-and could feel His love and peace through a silly animated movie.
Reflecting on this incident in the car driving home, I got a little teary.
I think Elder Woolf has come full circle now-teaching others how to find peace and comfort through Jesus.

We love you Tyler.
Come again, anytime!