Friday, March 19, 2010

A novelette about freedom and faith...

I'm tired of being angry at the attempted government takeover of my life and my freedom. I am weary. Really. The past couple of weeks have made me want to just lay down and say okay, I give up. Whatever you are going to do, just do it and get it over with.

Today I have increased frustration. Not about health care "reform" but at my own state legislature and governor. Remember a couple of months ago when Governor Herbert said this?

“The continued encroachment of the federal government into our businesses, our lives, and our pocketbooks must be challenged.”

Well, the governor and the legislature along with Rocky Mountain Power, have decided to encroach upon the lives of Utahn's and their pocketbooks. Somehow, while we were all being distracted by the federal government's antics, a bill was passed and signed into law by Governor Herbert that allows
Rocky Mountain Power to automatically enroll customers in its Cool Keeper program. With the Cool Keeper program, a switch would be installed on your air compressor, allowing Rocky Mountain Power to turn it off for 15 minutes per half hour on the hottest days of summer.

It's all in the name of saving energy costs during peak times, and it is supposed to save the customer money. However, it's my money and my pocketbook. I am a believer in the free market. If you want me to conserve energy, then price me out of using it too freely- I will hate it, but it's my choice. Don't come into my home and decide for me when I can and can't use my air conditioner. In the name of something good, as always, something freedom restricting has been enacted.

A final word from the weary on the Government takeover of healthcare: Senator Jim Matheson is supposedly undecided on his vote. I would plead with anyone here in Utah to let him know as I did, that even though you may not live in his district, if he puts Utah on the map with a "Yes" vote, that you will do everything in your power to de-seat him come election time.

This healthcare reform bill has very little to do with health care. If it was such a great thing, why are they having to strong arm and bribe their way into getting it passed? Passed unconstitutionally none the less.

Okay I'm done.

As I left the temple this morning, I glanced over my shoulder and saw the purposeful design of the Provo temple; to be the pillar of cloud that led the children of Israel through the wilderness.
It filled my heart with renewed hope and faith. This is His country, for His purpose, and it will end in His way.


P.S. Just a note- I realize that Rocky Mountain Power is not my provider...it makes no difference.