Monday, February 14, 2011

Really?

Could it really have been just a few short weeks ago that winter seemed depressingly overwhelming?

But after an amazingly uplifting weekend beginning with a beautiful funeral service for a sweet older woman in our ward whom I wish I had known better,

...and then two inspiring sessions of Stake Conference that made me smile from the inside out, with some great stories told by this man:
 Elder Christopher B. Munday of the Seventy

...not to be outdone by deliciously amazing sugar whipped into a wonderfully decadent recipe in the form of Elijah's B'day cheesecake...


...soon followed by the return of the Prodigal Disneyland daughter...


...and last but not least, this happiness greeted me when I opened the fridge to make an omlet this morning...
(oh, that Bethany...)
how can I not be filled with February JOY?

 Happy, happy Valentine's Day!

Oh and P.S.: See all those tubs of butter in the background? 19 cents a piece! Thank you coupons.