Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ode to January.

This is what I have done so far this month (that my 46 year old brain can remember):

Went to book group..twice.
Went off sugar.
Went back on sugar.
Learned to make home made wheat thins.
Saw Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close 
Went to the temple 3 times.
Made dinners for 2 families.
Went to a sealing.
Went to a wedding reception
Visited my rheumatologist..
Went to two baby showers.
Canned my own refried beans and black beans.
Started an intense Book of Mormon reading program with my family...(fulfilling the Virtue requirement in YW)
Read four books.
Watched the entire first season of Downton Abbey-(love-love)
Went to RS enrichment night.
Did my Visiting Teaching.
Went to an Emergency Preparedness class.
Hit an awesome cereal sale...
Went to a Seminary fireside with one daughter and listened to the other daughter sing in the seminary choir..
Had lunch at my former bishop's new and STUNNING home.
Subbed for Cub scouts.
Did a science fair experiment with my son.
Went to New Beginnings with my daughters.
Participated in a couple of Saturday choir practices...(in addition to Sundays)
Listened to my daughter and my husband give most excellent talks...
Read a book out loud from start to finish with my son.
Watched a  Republican Presidential Debate.

Even with all of this, 
why does January always feel like the most boring month of the year?