Saturday, August 18, 2012

Brenda and Sheila.


In college, you almost never said one of our names 
without the other attached to it. 
We were pretty tight.
After one semester of living together, 
we decided to live separately, primarily to double
 our social network. 
It worked.
We got along so well, I always thought
 I would marry someone just like Sheila. 
But I didn't. 
I actually married someone quite the opposite. Weird. 

Every summer, when the world descends upon BYU campus for Education Week, I get to spend a couple of hours with Sheila, who treks in from Kansas City.
We go to lunch and catch each other up on the year gone by.
We laugh alot and talk about old times, ex-boyfriends, Jerusalem, current struggles and what the future holds. Even though our lives have taken different paths, (I'm married, she's not) it doesn't really matter. We just pick up where we left off.
Good friends can do that.

Until next August....