Friday, November 29, 2013

An Intimate Thanksgiving.

Minus the Paynters and Bethany and Cody this year, Thanksgiving was smaller than our typical Sunday dinner.
Our group was so small that we all fit around one table in the living room. It was a quieter Thanksgiving than we are used to. Look at how somber everyone looks. And it appears I caught Michaela in a weird moment...

What happens when Julie and I are in charge is that we eliminate all unnecessary food items and strip it down to the basics. Not a lot of variety but still lots of deliciousness.



Except for pie. All kinds of pie is always necessary.


Don't you just love catching people mid-bite? (Sorry for the second awkward photo Michaela).
Though his eating skills are a bit cavemanesque...
... Elijah's pie making skills are top notch. This Peanut Butter Oreo pie was to die for. Seriously.

And speaking of pie making skills, I recreated Janis' Sweet Potato Pie all by myself to perfection. Well, maybe not perfection but it was dang delicious.
And after all was said and consumed- we hit the theater to catch a little fire...most of us seeing it for the second time. It's that good.

And so, Thanksgiving came and went at lightning speed around here.
I have so much to be thankful for that I won't share it here, but rest assured I play out that list every day with Heavenly Father. 
I am blessed.