Thursday, October 2, 2014

Five Things That Make Me Happy.

Once upon a time when I was in college, it became imperative to my best friend and me, to make "happy lists." Most often it was because of an awesome break-up, compounded by other more trivial things but at one time or another, these happy lists meant survival for another day :)

In light of recent events that have occurred in my life and in the lives of those I care about, as well as the daily barrage of unhappy and even devastating events that are occurring globally, I am in need of a happy list. 

So here goes:

1. Fall. Fall makes me unbelievable happy. The nip in the air, the mountains changing colors and pumpkin spice anything is the greatest mood lifter ever. Love it!



2. Books. Or more specifically, book group. Even though I have always been an avid reader, it has become very clear to me that at this stage of my life, I wouldn't read if it weren't for book group. I just finished two great books: The Thirteenth Tale and Code Name Verity. Very different books but loved both of them.


3.The Voice. My love and appreciation for good music and great talent has found a home in this show.  Can't really explain my obsession (and others will verify it is an obsession), it just makes me sooo happy.



4. General Conference. Oh, am I ever ready for this pick-me-up. As the world seems to be swirling around in confusion and mayhem, I love the inspired clarity of prophets and apostles. It helps my faith replace my fear with renewed vigor. And conference cinnamon rolls aren't too shabby either :)



5. Jesus. Seriously, He is what  all of my hope and faith are centered around. I truly know that there isn't anything that I can't handle if I am yoked to Him.  So grateful that my happiness is centered upon knowing that I am divinely tied to Jesus.
 
And there it is. 
My much needed happiness list.
I feel better already! :)
 
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens,
 but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.”
Helen Keller