Sunday, January 25, 2015

Be Still My Soul.

On Friday, I attended the funeral of the 
fourth neighbor to pass away in less than two years.
Each woman was younger than me except one.
Each woman was an exceptional person and a dearly loved mother. 
Each woman was my friend.

The service was beautiful and uplifting. 
As her husband read a letter from her son who is currently serving in Virginia, I was overwhelmed by the burden this young man is carrying. But this boy, the same boy who tormented Bethany from kindergarten on :) shared a heartfelt testimony of the Savior's love for him--and how that love is allowing him to stay where he is and serve with all of his heart. Serving not only for the Lord, but for his mom too.


I am struck by how quickly things can change. 
Once again, the Lord's timing is not our timing.
We learn that over and over again- 

Though it's a little bit of a struggle to understand why God needs these women more than their families do, in Isaiah 55 we read: 

     "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are 
your ways my ways saith the Lord.
     For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are 
my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts,"

My life has been blessed by each one of these women- 
and I feel blessed to have great faith in the plan of salvation.

Most of all, I feel blessed to know that families are forever.