Sunday, August 14, 2016

Primary Makes Me HAPPY.



I love being the Primary Music Leader for oh-so-many reasons.
But the biggest reason is that it just makes me so dang happy.
Happy in a real-life, smile on the inside, kind of way.
A couple of nights ago, at a wedding reception for a friend, 
a little girl came up to me and threw her arms around my waist 
and and gave me the greatest hug.
I desperately tried to remember how I knew her, and then I realized she was not from an active family but had come to primary  a couple of times. She had never acknowledged me at church but somehow at that moment I was her friend. HAPPINESS.
I love the little sideways smile that a child will give me as they sit with their family in sacrament meeting. My heart melts.
And I love the kids who watch me so earnestly during singing time singing with every ounce of their heart--not many do that but the few that do?? They kill me.
But most of all, I just love teaching the gospel through music. 
Music is my love language with God and I want to do my best to make it theirs.
Happiness is Primary children :)


Shabbat Shalom.