Friday, June 30, 2017

It's Complicated.



Goodbyes have never really been a problem for me.
I moved a bit when I was growing up so maybe that made it easier-
I don't know.
But without fail, there is one goodbye that is always hard.
When I get to Moroni, the last book in the Book of Mormon, I struggle.
I stall. 
I read it very slowly, maybe even just a few verses a day. 
I just don't want to let it go.
Kind of dumb because I'm just going to flip back to the beginning and start again.
It doesn't matter.
Each Book of Mormon read-through creates a new history, new answers, and new revelation. 
I own and love every bit of it and I just want to hang on.  
I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Seriously!
But sometime this next week I will push through those last chapters  and I will mourn just a little bit.
Then -- I will fall in love with Nephi once again--so to speak--and the cycle will continue.
I'm kind of an idiot but I'm okay with that. :)

Wish me luck.