Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Or Was It?

Because I went to Girls Camp this week, I promised Cecil we would celebrate his birthday on Sunday--today. Of course Uncle Michael took him out to dinner and a movie on the actual day of birth, but he had to wait til today for the cake and presents part.

For his birthday breakfast, he chose Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal. Odd choice you might think, but considering what he had to choose from, that sounded like happiness in a bowl to him. (Sidenote: All of the cousins hate the Labit breakfast cereal. Most mornings they just have cinnamon toast...) 

The first bowl I made, I put in milk (almond for his milk allergies) - however, there is no milk in oatmeal in the Halliday family. 

Then, in the second bowl, I put in too much water. (I am not usually this accommodating, I was humoring him because it was his birthday, of course). 

Finally, he settled on a bowl of cornflakes with the aforementioned hated milk. Hmmm....


For dinner, we had Cafe Rio Salads...homemade. He was so excited and hungry. After one bite, he declared, quite politely, that it was too sweet. He then had a cheese quesadilla. 


Finally, it was time to open the presents. He opened the first one and said, "Oh, I have this at home." 


Tomorrow we head to Wal-Mart to exchange.


Happy Birthday Cecil.
We tried.

P.S. In no way is Cecil whiny or spoiled. It was just a series of unfortunate events.