Saturday, November 8, 2014

Bethany says: "You never update your blog!"

The sad truth is, blogging is a reminder that two of my 
children are missing.
Even though I am happy about the new experiences they are having, 
it's left a big empty space in my heart.
A space that is a constant reminder that our family dynamic is changing. 

I've spent this last week watching home videos that my husband has made   
super accessible on my computer.
Lot's of babies and toddlers and kindergartners etc.
It's not necessarily helping that empty space.
The sweet, sweet chaos of those years are priceless.
 
I remember so clearly, being at college years ago, and suddenly realizing that my family was never going to be the same again. 
The feeling just hit me out of the blue-
It was a little gut-wrenching.
And now, I'm having little waves of that wash over me every day.
I don't like it.
But just like years ago- I'll have to learn to accept it.
Ugh.
So here's a shout out to the absentee kiddo's.
Love ya tons!