Friday, November 20, 2020

The Adventures of Wildabeast: The Burger of All Burgers.

 Because this is all new territory for us- it's a whole bunch of firsts. 

But we are wise enough to know how spoiled we are to get to talk to Will every week. 

The other night we spent an hour just going over all the stuff.

And then we ran out of things to talk about.

That felt nice.

Nice to know that though he is gone for two years, we will be connected enough for that to happen. 

God is so good. 

It's been a good week.

And with that being said, here is the weekly email:

Good day to you ALL! It's been a minute since I talked to you last! Much has happened since I emailed you last, and per the title, these things are either going to make or break my moms day! So let's get right into it, shall we?


1. I am opening a new area with my comp in the little town of Bisbee Arizona. The ward has about 187 members, but only 20 are active. So this means we are out in the boonies with NO SUPERVISION. The nearest elders are a half hour away and half the ward is too.

2. So, mother, remember how you always tried to get to to clean my room and stuff an I never did? Well now my room never gets dirty, AND I make my bed. EVERY. MORNING. Wish it could happened sooner, eh?

3. As a big part of me being homesick (which hasn't been bad, mind you), my companion and I have started decorating for christmas already. GASP! WHAT?? WHO AM I!!! Yeah I know I'm a hypocrite, its FINE. 

4. Before we left to come to our area, the pres came up to us and said, "Hey. So there are a few areas in your mission that you CANNOT go to when the sun goes down. One is the border, because that area is run by the cartels at night. And the other is old Bisbee. That ones not physically dangerous, but it IS spiritually dangerous. So... have fun!" So ya love you mom!

5. Remember how you always tried to get me to eat oatmeal every morning, something about it being healthy and I would always just eat my sugar cereal instead? Well. We eat oatmeal every morning and its AWESOME.

6. So I started running again. Ya. My comp and I RUN. So that ones for you AND Sister Jensen. 

7. So I have Facebook for the mission, yeah? Well in 7 days I have gone up 1100 friends. Sure over half of them are Filipino or they speak spanish but hey a friend is a friend!

8. My first day out street contacting, we had a guy approach us and call us antichrists because of the temple. So that was fun. Another man came up to us and said that he took a DNA test, and he found out he has the blood of Jesus Christ, so he's saved. That's just the people of old Bisbee haha they have opinions and aren't afraid to tell you them!

Ok before I destroy your dear heart, I'll stop haha! But I do have a story for y'all. 

So when we got to or house, we were desperately hoping for a washer and dryer, meaning we wouldn't have to drive a half hour to wash our clothes every week. But alas, there was none. So we spent the week looking for a washer, praying, looking on facebook marketplace, yard sales, anything. But no dice. Until yesterday, when we went up to a members house for dinner. These people had just moved in, and had inherited all of this stuff from a guy who died, and they bought his house. As we were getting ready to leave, the wife said "Do you guys need anything? At all? How about a couch?" I looked st my comp and was like "YES. WE NEED A COUCH!" And she said "Ok. Um... how about... a washer and dryer?" So long story short we got our washer and dryer, a couch, a dining room table and chairs the night before we would've had to go a half hour to wash clothes. This is just my story to prove that God does know your needs, and he WILL provide!!

So that's all I got for this week. If y'all dont know what Old Bisbee looks like, look it up. It's super cool. I'll send a pic of one of the buildings, I want able to get a shot of the whole town yet. But ya! Love you all, thanks for sticking with me!

-Elder Labit

Pic 1: flying over the heckin Grand Canyon
Pic 2: an old 1800s church in the middle of old bisbee
Pic 3: the border wallllllll
Pic 4: a burger I got at the Bisbee Breakfast Club
Pic 5: Tucson Temple. Yes i know its lopsided
Pic 6: the beginning of our decorations 
Pic 7: the old abandoned mine in the middle of town. Its HUGE