Thursday, November 5, 2020

The Adventures of Wildabeast: Things Eternal.

I attended the temple for the last time this year the day after my dad died.

As I sat in the Celestial room I thought about all things Eternal.

 I remember thinking to myself, "I believe it. I believe it all-Creation, Jesus, Eternity, everything. 

And I just sat in that Peace for a good, long time.

Six weeks later when my mom died, the temple was closed. 

And still yet, I sat in that Peace- the peace of Creation, Jesus, Eternity, everything. 

Seven long  months later that Peace is a little bit stretched.

Every once in awhile on Tuesday morning, when that peace felt like it was about to snap,  I would shower and dress in my Sunday best, gather my scriptures and  head to the temple. I almost believed I would go inside but really, I sat in it's parking lot and read and poured out my heart. Somehow, just reentering my beloved Tuesday temple routine was healing. 

All this to say when Will received a temple date to be endowed, I am pretty sure I was more happy for me than him. I prayed really hard for weeks that I would not fall apart when we walked in the door. I warned him over and over again that I might be a mess- but it would be a good mess and not to worry. 

I will never be able to put into words how amazing that experience was. For him. For me. 

But these words come to mind: "I believe it all- Creation, Jesus, Eternity, everything". 

Soooo happy I got to share that with my son.