Sunday, November 29, 2015

What Happy People Know.

Last weekend, I cashed in my birthday present from my seestah's and went to Time Out For Women. 
If there was ever a time I needed a "time out" it is now. 
Yay for awesome birthday gifts!

I must say that my favorite part of the weekend was many, many Gentri performances.

Pleeeze don't underestimate my love for Gentri.

In person, they were flawless. 
Did I mention I love them?

Anywho---many other great things happened at TOFW...
One of them was Hank Smith and his happiness list.
He spoke about what to do when your plan of happiness changes.
That's something that I can relate to, yesiree.

Anyways, he gave a list of 10 things that happy people do.

1. Happy people surround themselves with happy people.
Note to self- don't be that person.... 
2. Happy people try to be happy. 
They work at it, they choose it, they fight unhappiness...
3. Happy people spend money on other people.
Yes, apparently money can buy happiness...
4. They have deep "in-person" conversations. 
Save the texting/messaging for your shallow interactions... :)
5. Happy people laugh a lot. A LOT.
6. Happy people use the power of music.
I could do a whole post on this one.
7. Happy people exercise and eat a healthy diet.
Sorry, it's true. You know it is.
8. Happy people take time to go outside.
Driving outside does not count. 
20 minutes of breathing in outside  air.
9. Happy people get enough sleep.
Thus why my years as a mother of newborns are a blur...
10. Happy people meditate. 
Deliberate meditation, no distractions, 10 minutes. 

And there you have it. The secret to a happier you.
You're welcome.  :)

Shabbat Shalom.