Sunday, March 3, 2013

Another Sunday, Another Dinner.

Fast Sundays make Sunday dinners just a little more intense :) 
You know, that whole edgy starvation thing keeps the kids just one moment away from losing it. Actually, I jest. I am ridiculously proud of my kids' efforts in fasting. They almost always fast a full 24 hours, and have done so since they turned 8. 

Anyways, to break the fast, Michael made a delicious coconut curry, and we had a veggie platter that went on for miles!(Or so it seemed, thanks Grandma!) 

It was great to spend some quality time with the Cook kids. Last summer of the whole clan living together seems like a distant memory...well, maybe not so distant, but definitely a memory.
Good times :)

 







And today I about ate my weight in these. 
Like I need a reason, but for the next 30 days I am going gluten free to see if it might have an effect on my arthritis pain...we have a little history of gluten intolerance in my family, so it's worth a shot. 

I was super worried about not having my cookie fix every Sunday until I found these:

 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies-gluten free.

Super simple recipe, great testimonial.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies averiecooks.com
 
If I can have cookies, the rest is cake (so to speak).