Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4-14-14.

Yesterday my husband turned 47. 
That means for a few short months 
we are only 1 year apart instead of 2. 
That also means that in a few short months I will be turning 49. And really, I am actually kind of looking forward to a new decade.
 My forties have not been that awesome to me. 
It was the decade of the dog biting my face 
and Rheumatoid Arthritis so I'm good. 
(How did this become about me?)

 So anywho-
we celebrated on Sunday with the Cook family, where we dined on Taco Salad and a German Chocolate Cake, courtesy of 
Kathleen's recipe that was to die for. 

So our celebration on his actual birthday 
was a little bit low key...

...as you can see by the birthday "cake".

We decorated in honor of Michael's favorite team.
(Somebody, somewhere still needs to celebrate the Raiders,right?)


This chart was easily filled.


Because of the aforementioned cake, we ate Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches to counter balance the decadence  :)


And so there you have it. 
A birthday celebration for the books :)

I can truly say that this man just gets better with age.
I'm blessed to be his wife.
Happy Birthday !