Friday, April 11, 2014

A Break To Celebrate Spring.... Part One.

A long, long time ago, we moved our little family back to Utah after almost 5 years in Hawaii. And though I'd lived here before, this time I could not reconcile the contrast in beauty. Utah seemed so barren and deserty to me, and, dare I say, ugly.

Until we headed south and spent a few days at Zion National Park. There I realized that Utah had its own claim on beauty-in the form of red rock. 
It wasn't anything like a tropical paradise, but I could deal with it. It was stunning and breathtaking in its own way.

We headed down south again this week. Two short days, but worth it.

 
Day 1 was spent at Capitol Reef.


 Elijah and Kyle spent most of their time climbing to the highest peaks possible.



Wish pictures could do the beauty justice.


Honest to goodness petroglyph's...

We did a medium "hard" hike to Hickman's bridge. 
This is not the bridge, just the half-way mark.




Hickman's Bridge.

Absolutely gorgeous...

...and he's pretty cute too.
Apparently he hikes better in his poncho.



And all great days end in a swimming pool 
don't you think?