Friday, May 17, 2013

We Are Just About CRAZY Around Here....




The last month of school always seems to move in break neck speed.
I drag myself out of bed each morning and try and muster the energy to hit the finish line at the end of each day.
I am exhausted I tell you, but the light at the end of the tunnel is coming quickly.
I am officially ready for school to be done.

Here is what's going on in our lives this week:

The garden was planted and I can already see little green plants pushing their way to the surface. The week has been unseasonably hot and so the little seeds were highly motivated to get going I think. This year I planted brussel sprouts, broccoli, zucchini, water melon, cucumbers, and, of course, tomatoes. With that lineup, it looks like I will doing most of the consuming from this garden.

Michaela has been working like a crazy woman. So glad that she chose Subway as her place of employment. They have been very generous in giving her plenty of hours. Have I mentioned how great it is to have her home?

Bethany has been thrown into a busy student government schedule already. This weekend she has just about every minute dedicated to school activities. Luckily, her Provo Beach Resort schedule is not too busy yet. 

We haven't seen much of Elijah this week as he has been helping at the regional lacrosse tournament that Timpview was in charge of  this year. Timpview didn't go very far in the tournament but had major hosting duties. When he is home, his nose is buried in To Kill A Mockingbird  trying to get it finished for the end of term.

Hannah had her final band concert this week. She has come a long way on the clarinet. They sounded terrific! She is also working hard to finish up term projects and trying to stay motivated to the bitter end :)

Will is basically cruising these last few weeks. His busy schedule ended a couple of weeks ago and now he spends most of his free time plowing through cat warrior books. Does that series ever end? Seriously, I think he has read a couple dozen in the past few weeks! 

My schedule this week was/is something like this:

Mon- School skate night where I ran the chip and soda booth.
Tues- Band concert at Centennial
Wed- Multi-Stake youth activity
Thurs-Elijah's alumni lacrosse game
Fri- Dinner with the Stake Presidency
Sat- Ward Family History activity
Sun- Well, you know Sundays...

Michael's schedule? Crazier than mine. I see him for about 10 mts. in the morning and 30 mts. in the evening....

We are seriously ready for summer around here.
Bring it on!